Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 48 maraschino cherries, drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter over low heat. Stir in evaporated milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Turn out
onto a board lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar; work with hands until
smooth. Cover cherries completely by shaping about 2 teaspoons fondant around each
- Melt semisweet chocolate in double boiler. Drop fondant-covered cherries into
melted chocolate to cover. Remove from chocolate with two forks. Place on wax paper
- To give chocolate a shiny, hard coating,
add 1 to 2 tablespoons melted paraffin wax to chocolate.