This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 26 whole small dried apricots
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 ounces almond paste
- Open the seam halfway around each of the apricots with a sharp knife. Fill each
slit with 1/2 teaspoon of the almond paste, and press the sides of the apricot together
gently (the paste will not be enclosed completely).
- In the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water melt the chocolate
chips, stirring until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the unfilled side of each apricot in the chocolate and chill the apricots
in one layer on a wax paper-lined tray for 1 hour.
- Store the apricots in an airtight container lined with wax paper, separating
each layer with wax paper, in a cool, dry place.
Chocolate-Dipped Apricots keep for 2 weeks.