Chocolate Toffee Crunch Squares
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed toffee pieces or packaged toffee bits
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup halved pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Paper candy cups (optional)
- Line a 9-inch square pan with plastic wrap. Place chocolate chips in large microwave-safe
bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100 percent) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at
HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating just until
chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Immediately add toffee bits,
peanuts, pretzels, and coconut, if desired; stir to coat. Spread mixture into prepared
pan; cover with plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm.
- Place white chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH
1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time,
stirring after each heating just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when
stirred. Using fork, drizzle white chips mixture over chocolate mixture in pan.
- Cover; refrigerate 5 minutes or until firm.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Remove chocolate mixture from pan and place on cutting
board, top side up; discard plastic wrap.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Place each
square in a candy cup, if desired.
- Store in covered container in a cool place.
Makes about 3 dozen squares.
Chocolate Toffee Haystacks: Prepare chocolate mixture as above. Instead of spreading
square pan, drop chocolate mixture by slightly heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined
cookie sheet or tray. Refrigerate until firm. Melt white chips as directed above; drizzle over "haystacks."
Posted by bizimouse at Recipe Goldmine 6/13/01 2:31:22 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.