- 35 to 40 saltine crackers
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan with crackers, one layer thick only.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar is melted, blended and
bubbly. Pour over crackers (crackers will float).
- Place in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Add chocolate chips to top and spread until melted evenly over
crackers. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
- Bake again for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Cut into squares.