Date Slices Candy
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups broken pecans
- Combine sugar, milk and dates. Cook over medium heat and stir almost constantly
until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234 degrees F). (This soft ball will not
roll off your finger.)
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and pecans. Beat until very thick and creamy.
- Pour onto a damp cloth (not a terry cloth); roll up; shape into a long roll.
- Leave rolled up in cloth until cool and firm.
- Unroll and slice.
Yields 24 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.