Frangelico Cream in Chocolate Cups
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons shortening
- 12 paper cupcake cups
- Cream Filling: Beat sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract until light and pale.
- Beat in softened cream cheese, then Frangelico liqueur. Set aside in a cool place.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until stiff in separate bowl. Fold into cheese mixture.
Pour into chocolate cups, or if not using chocolate cups, pour into goblets and
chill. Garnish with fruit.
- Chocolate Cups: Melt chocolate chips with the shortening (shortening will give
the finished chocolate product a shine) according to package instructions. Using
a small paint brush, paint the inside of the 12 cupcake cups. Chill.
- When cups are hard, gently peel off paper cup. Make a few extra as some may break
while peeling off the paper.
Variations: For liqueur cream, replace Frangelico with any fruit brandy or liqueur