Frangelico Cream in Chocolate Cups
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons shortening
- 12 paper cupcake cups
- Cream Filling: Beat sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract until light and pale.
- Beat in softened cream cheese, then Frangelico liqueur. Set aside in a cool place.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until stiff in separate bowl. Fold into cheese mixture.
Pour into chocolate cups, or if not using chocolate cups, pour into goblets and
chill. Garnish with fruit.
- Chocolate Cups: Melt chocolate chips with the shortening (shortening will give
the finished chocolate product a shine) according to package instructions. Using
a small paint brush, paint the inside of the 12 cupcake cups. Chill.
- When cups are hard, gently peel off paper cup. Make a few extra as some may break
while peeling off the paper.
Variations: For liqueur cream, replace Frangelico with any fruit brandy or liqueur
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.