Heavenly Hash Squares
This is a delightful old-fashioned candy. If you wish, you may drop the candy
by large tablespoonsful onto a wax-paper lined cookie sheet instead of cutting
them into squares.
This has been a favorite Easter recipe for a long time.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips*
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts**
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows*
Use colored marshmallows if making for Easter.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter with the sweetened condensed milk in top
of a double boiler.
- In large bowl, place the marshmallows and peanuts and fold in the melted
chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill for approximately 1 1/2 hours, remove from refrigerator and slice.
After slicing, return to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on serving tray.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
* Butterscotch chips may be substituted.
** Pecans, walnuts or almonds may be substituted or use all three instead of
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.