Heavenly Hash Squares
This is a delightful old-fashioned candy. If you wish, you may drop the candy
by large tablespoonsful onto a wax-paper lined cookie sheet instead of cutting
them into squares.
This has been a favorite Easter recipe for a long time.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips*
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts**
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows*
Use colored marshmallows if making for Easter.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter with the sweetened condensed milk in top
of a double boiler.
- In large bowl, place the marshmallows and peanuts and fold in the melted
chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill for approximately 1 1/2 hours, remove from refrigerator and slice.
After slicing, return to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on serving tray.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
* Butterscotch chips may be substituted.
** Pecans, walnuts or almonds may be substituted or use all three instead of
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes