Mashed Potato Candy
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) bar melted German sweet chocolate
- Mix butter with warm mashed potatoes and sugar. Mixture will get stiffer and
stiffer, but mix well.
- Add coconut, vanilla extract and salt. Blend well.
- Press into buttered pan that lets the candy be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top. Spread evenly.
- Cut into small squares.
Yield: 3 dozen
You can also make small balls of the potato mixture and then dip into the melted
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes