Mini Lemon Cup Candies
Delicious little lemon bites, perfect for a buffet table for weddings and other
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 42 (1-inch)
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 to 2 drops of yellow food coloring
- Powdered sugar for kneading
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Melt 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary,
microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Add corn syrup; stir until well combined. Mixture will be a little grainy
- Gather up and form a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and let stand for at least
1 hour or until cool.
- Place paper liners on baking sheet.
- Knead mixture, lemon peel and 1 to 2 drops food coloring on work surface lightly
dusted with powdered sugar until zest and color are worked through and mixture is
smooth. Plastic gloves can be worn to prevent food coloring from dying hands. Shape
into forty-two 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly. Place one in each liner.
- Melt remaining morsels and vegetable oil in small, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their
shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring
just until melted.
- Spoon 1/2 measuring teaspoon of melted morsels onto each filling. Sprinkle lightly
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Preparation Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Cooking Time: 3 mins
Cooling Time: 20 mins
To keep melted morsels warm, place bowl on top of smaller bowl filled with very
warm water. Do not allow water to touch bottom of bowl or allow water to get into
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.