Mini Lemon Cup Candies
Delicious little lemon bites, perfect for a buffet table for weddings and other special occasions.
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 42 (1-inch) paper liners
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 to 2 drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- Powdered sugar for kneading
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Yellow decorator sugar
- Melt 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Add corn syrup; stir until well combined. Mixture will be a little grainy.
- Gather up and form a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and let stand for at least 1 hour or until cool.
- Place paper liners on baking sheet.
- Knead mixture, lemon peel and 1 to 2 drops food coloring on work surface lightly dusted with powdered sugar until zest and color are worked through and mixture is smooth. Plastic gloves can be worn to prevent food coloring from dying hands. Shape into forty-two 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly. Place one in each liner.
- Melt remaining morsels and vegetable oil in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Spoon 1/2 measuring teaspoon of melted morsels onto each filling. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Prep: 1 hr 30 min | Cook: 3 min
To keep melted morsels warm, place bowl on top of smaller bowl filled with very warm water. Do not allow water to touch bottom of bowl or allow water to get into melted morsels.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com