Orange Chocolate Meltaways
Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (6 ouncea) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Place chocolate chips in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to a gentle boil; immediately pour over chips. Let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Add the extract. Cover and chill for 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Beat for 10 to 15 seconds or just until mixture lightens in color; do not over-beat.
- Spoon rounded teaspoonsful onto wax paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill for 5 minutes.
- Gently shape into balls; roll half in pecans.
- In microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in chocolate.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Store in the refrigerator.