Oreo Caramel Apples
- 6 large apples, washed, well-dried
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 1/2 (14 ounce) packages caramels (about 75), unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, coarsely chopped *
- 6 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Food coloring in color desired*
- 6 pieces stick-shaped hard candy, optional
* For Easter, use Oreos that have the purple filling. Tint the white chocolate
any color to match the holiday. I prefer using the paste food colors rather than
the liquid food colors.
- Remove stems from apples. Insert a Popsicle stick into stem end of each apple;
- Place caramels and water in large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until caramels
are melted, stirring frequently. Dip apples into melted caramel, spooning caramel
over apples to coat. Roll in chopped cookies, pressing cookies gently into caramel.
Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet; let stand 25 minutes or until caramel is
- Place white chocolate and oil in medium saucepan; cook over low heat until melted,
stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle over apples; let stand until firm.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Replace Popsicle sticks with sticks of hard candy just before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes