Peppermint Jelly Candy
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages liquid fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food color
- Sugar or coarse sugar
- For best results, follow the directions carefully to avoid undercooking the mixtures.
No candy thermometer is necessary for this old-fashioned candy shop candy.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, butter foil.
- In small saucepan, combine water and pectin. Stir in baking soda.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and corn syrup. Cook both mixtures over
high heat until foam starts to disappear on pectin mixture and sugar mixture comes
to full rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring
- Slowly pour pectin mixture into sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Continue
to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in peppermint extract and food color. Pour into foil-lined pan.
- Cool until firm.
- Remove candy from pan by lifting foil. With wet knife or scissors, cut into small
pieces or desired shapes. Roll in sugar.
- Store loosely covered.
Yield: 64 candies (1 per servings).
Per Serving: 27 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories from fat); 0g Protein; 7g
Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 16mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Other
Source: Pillsbury - Family Christmas Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes