- 7 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red or green paste food coloring (optional)
- 14 ounce chocolate flavored candy coating (bark)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/3 cups)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients. At this point you can
add green or red paste food coloring, if desired. Blend until smooth. Cover and
refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Use lightly greased hands to shape mixture into one-inch balls and flatten to
make patty shapes.
- Place patties on jellyroll pan lined with wax paper and freeze
patties for at least 30 minutes.
- In a heavy medium-size saucepan, melt candy coating and chocolate chips over
low heat. Working with one dozen patties at a time, place each patty on a fork and
spoon chocolate mixture over top until covered.
- Transfer patties to a jellyroll pan lined with wax paper.
- Chill until chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Yield: about 8 dozen Peppermint Patties
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes