Turtle Pretzel Sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 2 teaspoons water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) bag pretzel rods
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (not butter or margarine)
- 1 cup very finely chopped pecans
- Unwrap caramels and place in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add water.
- Microwave on HIGH (100 percent) power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute,
until caramels are melted and smooth. (For ease of stirring, coat spoon with
- Coat a sheet of foil with cooking spray. Dip half of each pretzel into hot caramel;
twirl to coat. Let excess drip from pretzel, and then place on coated foil.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a clean 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until shortening melts, stirring
after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate melts.
- Dip caramel-coated end of pretzel sticks into chocolate; roll tips in nuts.
- Refrigerate immediately.
- Remove from refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 24 pretzel sticks
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes