- 3/4 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 4 cups desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Combine cold mashed potatoes and icing sugar, adding sugar a little at a time.
(Mixture will be runny.) Add coconut, flavorings and salt. Mix well and let stand
for 10 minutes.
- Form into small balls and then shape into peaks or bells.
- Place silver candy on bottom for ding dong.
- Make ribbon bow of pink icing on top and pipe a pink icing
ruffle around bottom edge.
- Place on wax paper.
- Freeze, if necessary.
Makes about 70 bells.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/10/02 7:22:23 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes