World's Best Chocolate Easter Eggs
These delicious cream filled eggs taste just like a very famous store bought ones. They are easy to make and kids and adults love them.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand condensed milk
- 10 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate
- Beat butter, salt and vanilla extract until fluffy. Add milk, then beat in sugar. Blend until stiff. Dust with brown sugar. Knead until smooth.
- Set aside more then 2/3 of mixture. To the remaining mixture add yellow food coloring. Blend in well. Divide yellow and white into 16 or 24 pieces. Shape yellow into ball, mold white around yellow to form an egg shape. Dry at room temperature on paper towels for 24 hours.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or in microwave until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate. (paraffin wax may be added and melted with chocolate to prevent chocolate from melting in your hands). Once dipped, cool at room temperature. Refrigerate after cool.
When sliced, these eggs will have a white cream filling with a yellow filling that appears to be the yolk. They look nice sitting in an Easter basket.