- Saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- York Peppermint Patties
- Place saltines, salt side up, in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Heat sugar and butter until syrupy. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour over saltines and
bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes or less. The crackers will look puffy.
- Place peppermint patties on crackers and put it in the oven until the candy is
- Spread out the candy evenly over the crackers and then refrigerate.
- When hard, break into small pieces and serve.