- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) box apricot flavored gelatin
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook over high heat without stirring until mixture reaches hard ball stage.
- Combine gelatin and egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the sugar mixture in a very thin stream over egg whites while beating constantly at high speed of electric mixer. Continue beating for 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture holds its shape.
- Drop from teaspoon onto wax paper.