Brown Sugar Divinity
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Combine sugars and water in a heavy saucepan. Place over low heat and stir until
sugar is dissolved, then stir in corn syrup. Bring mixture to a boil; cover pan
and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook without stirring to 252 degrees F (hard ball stage).
- While syrup is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and salt to stiff
- As soon as the syrup reaches hard ball stage pour it in a steady stream into
egg whites, beating constantly with an electric mixer at high speed. Continue beating
until the mixture begins to lose its gloss and it is stiff enough to hold its shape
- Quickly stir in vanilla extract.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto wax paper.
- Cool completely, and store in a covered container.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Divinity Recipes