Caramel Divinity Dreams
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Divinity: In medium-size heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn
syrup, water and salt. Cook until hard ball stage (260 degrees F), stirring
only until sugar is melted.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Pour syrup gradually over egg
whites, beating at high speed of electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and beat until candy holds its shape.
- With buttered hands, shape candy into 3/4-inch balls.
- Let stand on wax paper until dry and firm.
- Drop one at a time into dipping caramel, turning with tine of fork until
- Lift out and cool on wax paper.
- Dipping Caramel: In large, heavy saucepan, mix brown sugar, white sugar,
1 cup milk and baking soda. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes
to a boil and sugar melts. Boil, stirring often until candy reaches soft ball
stage (230 degrees F).
- Remove from heat. Cool to 110 degrees F without stirring.
- Heat until mixture is thick and creamy and loses its gloss.
- Beat in the 1/4 cup milk left.
- If mixture is too stiff, add more milk, one teaspoon at a time.
Yield: 6 dozen pieces
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Divinity Recipes