- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons red fruit gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Grease side of heavy pan; combine sugar, syrup, hot water and salt in pan. Stir to a boil. Cook, without stirring, to hard boil stage.
- Beat egg whites to soft peak.
- Add gelatin, beating to stiff peaks.
- Pour hot syrup into egg whites in thin stream, beating constantly. Beat until candy begins to hold shape.
- Add vanilla extract and coconut. Mix well; spoon into mounds on greased platter.