- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- Cook sugar, corn syrup and water in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking to 250 degrees F on a candy thermometer, without stirring.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add vinegar.
- Pour syrup in while still beating and continue to beat until mixture is thick (about 10 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract. Continue to beat until mixture holds its shape and begins to lose its shine.
- Gently stir in nuts.
- Drop mixture from a buttered spoon, working quickly.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- Store in an airtight container.