Oklahoma Cherry Divinity
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup candied cherries, chopped
- Mix the sugar, syrup, salt and water in a saucepan and place it over low
heat; stir until the sugar has dissolved. Wipe sugar crystals from the sides
of the pan with a damp cloth. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan.
Without stirring, cook to the firm-ball stage (248 degrees F).
- Remove the pan from the heat and, beating constantly, gradually pour the
syrup into the egg whites.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until the mixture will hold its shape when
dropped from a spoon.
- Add the cherries, mix well, and drop the mixture by spoonsful onto wax paper.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Divinity Recipes