- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 2 egg whites 1 small box red Jell-O
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, water, corn syrup and salt in saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for a minute or two to wash down sugar crystals.
- Remove cover. Cook, without stirring, until syrup reaches hard ball stage, 260 degrees F, or until syrup is slightly brittle when dropped into cold water.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Continue beating, adding Jell-O slowly. Beat until candy is creamy.
- Stir in nuts. Candy sets quickly.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto wax paper.