As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Cook to 252 degrees F (hard-ball
stage), washing down sides of saucepan to prevent crystals forming.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat until stiff.
- Pour the hot syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating vigorously. Continue
beating until the mixture just begins to thicken, then add mace, allspice and vanilla
extract. Continue beating until it begins to hold its shape and loses its high gloss.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop quickly from tip of spoon in individual pieces onto wax paper, or spread
in a buttered pan and cut into squares when firm.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen pieces, depending on size.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Divinity Recipes