Butter Pecan Chocolate Fudge
Yield: 64 pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) package pecan halves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can prepared vanilla frosting, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet chocolate squares for baking, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans in even layer over the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan; bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove to cooling rack; cool completely. Remove nuts from pan.
- Line bottom of pan with a 9-inch square of parchment paper.
- Combine butterscotch chips and half of the frosting in small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Add nuts, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread butterscotch mixture evenly over parchment paper.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate for garnish.
- In same saucepan, combine remaining chocolate and remaining frosting. Heat over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Carefully pour chocolate mixture over butterscotch layer in pan; spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Invert pan onto cutting board. Carefully peel parchment paper from fudge. Place reserved 1/2 cup chocolate and oil in microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread chocolate over top of fudge.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into 64 squares.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Per serving: (1 piece): Calories 80, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein less than 1 g, Sodium 10 mg, Fiber less than 1 g