Cajun Praline Fudge
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar and evaporated milk. Boil until 210 degrees F.
- Add vanilla extract and butter. Cook until a soft ball can be formed when a small amount of mixture is dropped into a bowl of cool water.
- Add pecans. Let temperature rise 2 degrees higher than soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Whip mixture until it feels heavy.
- Spoon out small amounts of mixture.