Golden Nugget Fudge
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter sides of a 3-quart saucepan.
- Mix sugar, milk and salt in saucepan. Stir and heat until sugar dissolves
and mixture boils. Cook, without stirring, to soft-ball stage (238 degrees F).
- Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Place in pan of cold water and cool
to lukewarm without stirring.
- Add apricots and beat until mixture holds shape (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in Marshmallow Creme and walnuts; beat until candy loses its gloss
(about 5 minutes).
- Spread fudge in buttered 9-inch square pan; refrigerate.
- When fudge sets, cut into bars. Fudge will be soft and creamy!