Hazelnut Rum Fudge
- 1 1/2 pounds white chocolate coating
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon butter rum flavoring (oil based)
1/2 cups roasted and chopped hazelnuts
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water.
- When melted, add sweetened condensed milk; stir.
- Add vinegar, flavoring and nuts. Stir to blend.
- Pour into parchment-lined, 9-inch square pan. Smooth and chill about 2 hours.
- Turn onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares.
- Refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
Yield: about 1 3/4 pounds
Source: Oregon Hazelnut Industry and The Hazelnut Marketing Board