Irish Creme Microwave Fudge
- 1 small (about 5 ounce) potato
- 3 tablespoons Irish Creme liqueur
- 2 (2 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound (3 1/4 cup) confectioners' sugar, unsifted
- 36 walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Irish Creme liqueur
- Fudge: Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over the edges
of the pan. Butter foil; set pan aside.
- Prick potato 2 or 3 times with a fork. Microwave on 100% power for 4 to
5 minutes, turning once. Cool and peel.
- Mash potato (you should have 1/3 cup). Stir in liqueur and mix until smooth.
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish, cook chocolate and butter on HIGH for
1 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in potato mixture; slowly add confectioners' sugar. Stir or knead
- Press into pan. Score into thirty-six 1 1/4 inch squares.
- Press one walnut half into each square.
- Remove from pan; cut into squares. Drizzle with icing.
- Designer Icing: In small microwave safe bowl, cook butter on HIGH for 45
to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar and enough Irish Creme liqueur to make
of piping or drizzling consistency.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens