Key Lime Macadamia Nut Fudge
- 3 cups white chocolate baking pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice, bottled or fresh
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges
of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
- Stir baking pieces and condensed milk in a large heavy saucepan over low
heat just until pieces are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lime peel and lime juice.
- Stir in 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle extra
nuts on top.
- Cover and chill for two hours or until firm.
- Lift the fudge from pan using edges of foil. Peel off foil and use a knife
to cut fudge into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week or
in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Yield: 2 1/2 pounds