As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, combine milk, butter, corn syrup, granulated
sugar and brown sugar. Place over medium heat and stir occasionally with a wooden
spoon until mixture comes to a boil. Clip on a candy thermometer. Cook to the
soft-ball stage, 234 degrees F.
- Pour, without scraping, into a baking pan.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens.
- Add nuts and continue stirring until candy loses its gloss.
- Scrape out onto plastic wrap. Pat into a loaf shape (about 9 x 5-inches).
- Slice and serve, or wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator for several
Yield: about 50 slices or 75 pieces
Variation: Use 1 teaspoon maple extract in place of the vanilla extract.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes