As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unflavored yogurt
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup firmly packed marshmallows, miniature or standard
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly oil inside of 1 1/2 - to 2-quart saucepan.
- Combine sugar, yogurt, and salt in pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly,
until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture comes to boil.
- Wipe down sugar crystals above liquid line, using clean pastry brush dipped
in cold water. Cook until mixture reaches soft-ball stage (238 degrees F). If
syrup looks curdled, no not worry; it will become creamy as it is beaten.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Add butter and marshmallows; DO NOT STIR.
- Allow mixture to cool to 110 degrees F or until pan feels warm to touch.
- Add vanilla extract; beat vigorously until fudge is thick and has lost glossy
- Pour into 8-inch square pan to cool.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Yield: 1 pound
Yogurt Nut Fudge: Add 1/2 cup chopped or broken nut meats to
mixture before spreading in pan to cool.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 7/7/02 2:37:44 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes