Abby's Famous Penuche Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan.
- Combine sugars, cream, milk and butter in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until sugars dissolve and mixture comes to a boil. Cook to soft-ball
stage (238 degrees F on candy thermometer), stirring only if necessary. Immediately
remove from heat and cool to lukewarm (110 degrees F). DO NOT STIR.
- Add vanilla extract and beat vigorously until mixture is very thick and starts
to lose its gloss.
- Quickly stir in walnuts and spread into prepared baking dish.
- Score while warm, and cut when firm.
Yield: 3 dozen 1 1/2-inch squares
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.