Brazil Nut Penuche
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground Brazil nuts
- 1 cup sliced Brazil nuts
- Put sugar and milk into heavy saucepan and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Boil over medium heat until the temperature is 236 degrees F.
- Set pan in cold water, add vanilla extract and cool until lukewarm.
- Add ground Brazil nuts and stir until it begins to thicken and lose its shine.
- Pour into a wet pan upon which the sliced Brazil nuts have been sprinkled.
- Cool and cut into squares.