Brazil Nut Penuche
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground Brazil nuts
- 1 cup sliced Brazil nuts
- Put sugar and milk into heavy saucepan and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Boil over medium heat until the
temperature is 236 degrees F.
- Set pan in cold water, add vanilla extract and cool until lukewarm.
- Add ground Brazil nuts and stir until it begins to thicken and lose its shine.
- Pour into a wet pan upon which the sliced Brazil nuts have been sprinkled.
- Cool and cut into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.