Coconut Penuche Patties
Originally from Mexico, penuche is a type of fudge.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup finely grated FRESH coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- About 18 pecans, halves
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugars, corn syrup and cream. Bring the mixture
to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side
of the saucepan. Continue to boil gently, without stirring, until a small amount
of the mixture forms a soft ball in cold water or to a temperature of 234 degrees
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add coconut, vanilla extract and butter. Do not
- Cool the mixture until lukewarm (120 degrees F) without stirring.
- Stir to blend the ingredients.
- Quickly drop the mixture by heaping teaspoonsful onto wax paper.
- Press a pecan half onto each patty, and let the patties stand until they
are firm, about 3 hours.
- Wrap the patties in wax paper to store them.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.