Dark brown sugar takes a long time to dissolve, so make sure it has completely
dissolved before letting the mixture boil.
- 3 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1-inch) piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the milk, and add the chocolate,
- Reduce the heat and add the butter and vanilla bean.
- Bring the mixture slowly to a boil. Stir until the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage
and remove the pan from the heat.
- Discard the vanilla bean.
- Add the nuts, mixing them in thoroughly and beating
until the candy begins to harden.
- Turn the candy out into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- When it is completely cold, cut the candy into 1-inch squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.