- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Place sugars, syrup, milk and butter in saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring
constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan.
Continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture reaches soft-ball stage (240 degrees
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and nuts.
- Beat until mixture is very thick and has begun to lose its gloss.
- Pour into a generously-greased 8-inch square pan or mound on wax paper.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.