- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Melt butter, making sure it coats bottom and sides of saucepan.
- Pour half-and-half into pan; bring to boil.
- Add brown and white sugars and stir until dissolved.
- Stirring constantly, cook until mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat. Place pan in two inches of cold water.
- Add vanilla extract and walnuts.
- Beat with wooden spoon.
- Pour into buttered fudge pan.
- Score while warm.
- Cut into squares when fully cooled.