- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place butter, sugars, cream and pineapple in large stainless steel or enamel kettle.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil to the soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and beat hard with wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla extract and nuts and eat well, until mixture becomes quite thick.
- Pour out onto buttered platter, spreading if needed, to edges.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut with sharp knife into bite-size pieces.