- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/3 cups broken pecans or walnuts
- 5 tablespoons bourbon
- Combine sugar, baking soda, buttermilk and salt in large saucepan. Cook, stirring
frequently, until candy thermometer registers 210 degrees F.
- Add butter and pecans. Cook, stirring constantly, to 230 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and stir in bourbon; cool one minute. Beat by hand until mixture
begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper; let stand until firm.