Chocolate Pecan Pralines
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 squares Hershey's baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugars, cream and salt in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, to 228 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate, broken into small pieces, the butter
and pecans. Return to heat; stirring constantly, cook to soft-ball stage, (234 degrees
F). Remove from heat, flavor with vanilla extract, and cool 5 minutes.
- Beat 10 to 15 seconds, or until slightly thickened. Quickly drop candy by large
spoonsful onto greased plates (or wax paper). If mixture becomes too thick to drop,
stir in a tablespoonful of hot water.
Yield: about 2 dozen
Source: 1934 Hershey's Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Praline Recipes