- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a heavy pot and stir to mix. Add the salt,
milk, butter and vanilla and cook, stirring, over medium heat until the mixture
reaches the soft-ball stage (about 239 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from the heat, add the pecans, and beat until the mixture thickens. Drop
by spoonsful onto wax paper. Cool, lift with a thin knife and store in an airtight
Yield: about 4 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.