- 24 NILLA Wafers
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 cup PLANTERS Pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with wax paper; place 12 wafers 2-inches apart on
- Heat sugar, brown sugar, cream and water in 3-quart saucepan on medium heat,
stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring until temperature
reaches 235 degrees F (soft ball stage).
- Add margarine; do not stir. Cool mixture to 150 degrees F, about 30 minutes.
- Add pecans and vanilla extract to cooled sugar mixture. With wooden spoon,
beat 2 to 3 minutes until candy begins to thicken, but is still glossy. Quickly
pour 1 tablespoonful praline mixture over each wafer. (If mixture becomes stiff,
stir in a few drops water.)
- Cool pralines completely until firm; peel from wax paper.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 dozen
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):