- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops orange food coloring (optional)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Place sugar, half-and-half, salt and Karo syrup in saucepan and stir constantly
until mixture boils. Add orange juice slowly and continue cooking until mixture
reaches soft ball stage (240 degrees F on candy thermometer). Add orange rind and
cook until it again reaches 240 degrees F.
- Add butter, vanilla extract and food coloring. Cool. Beat until mixture holds
its shape. Add pecans. Drop on wax paper.
- Store in tin or plastic container.
Yield: about 1 1/4 pounds
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Praline Recipes