Pecan Pralines - our favorite candy from the deep South.
Don't make pralines on a very humid day as humidity will cause pralines to become sugary.
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups pecans
- Combine butter, milk and sugar in a heavy 5 quart pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils then stir continuously until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage. Do not cook over high heat.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool a bit while stirring until mixture is loses the glossy appearance.
- Add pecans and stir until mixture starts to thicken.
- Drop by spoonful onto wax paper.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.