The first time I ever tasted Pumpkin Pralines was at Savannah Candy Kitchen in
Savannah, Georgia. They were delicious!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped or whole pecans
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin puree and salt in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover
pan for 2 minutes to sweat down any sugar on side of pan. Clip a candy
thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Uncover and stir continuously to a
temperature of 236 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and pecans. Stir continuously
for a few minutes until mixture thickens.
- Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper. If mixture thickens too much, add a
few drops of water to thin.
- Let cool for 45 minutes before eating.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Praline Recipes