Andes Candies Truffles
Yield: 8 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (4.67 ounce) packages mint Andes candies (56 pieces total)
- 1 ((7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 22 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Green or red food coloring (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 236 degrees F (soft ball stage).
- Remove from the heat. Stir in candies until melted and mixture is well blended.
- Stir in Marshmallow Creme and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread into a buttered 15 x 10 inch pan; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 96 pieces; roll each into a ball (mixture will be soft). Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt 18 ounces of white chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate; place on wax paper to harden.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; add food coloring, if desired. Drizzle over truffles.
- Store in an airtight containers.