Cherry Fudge Truffle Cups
- 1 (16 x 12 inch) sheet wax paper
- 1/3 cup Polaner or Smucker's Black Cherry all-fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely minced
- Place the fruit spread, butter and almond extract in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Stirring halfway through the cooking time, microwave on HIGH until the spread is melted, about 45 seconds to 1 minute).
- Drop in the chocolate morsels and stir them until they, too, have melted.
- Add the cookie crumbs and the confectioners' sugar to the chocolate mixture. Take special care that everything is well blended.
- Shape by teaspoonsful into 40 balls.
- Place the chopped almonds on the sheet of wax paper and roll the balls in almond
For best flavor, serve these at room temperature.