Chocolate Fruit and Nut Truffles
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cognac or rum
- 1 1/4 cups apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 30 hazelnut halves
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or aluminum foil.
- In the top of a double boiler over low heat, stir 4 ounces of the chocolate until
- Remove from the heat and beat in the cream and cognac. Blend in the apricots,
chopped hazelnuts, ginger, and confectioners' sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Chill the mixture, if necessary, until firm enough to handle. Form into 1-inch
balls and set aside on a sheet of wax paper.
- In the top of a double boiler over low heat, stir the remaining 5 ounces of chocolate
until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Using a fork, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess
to run off. Place the truffles on the prepared baking sheet. Top each with a hazelnut
half and chill.
- When the chocolate has set, the truffles can be stored in an airtight container
in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 12/15/2001,9:27 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.